The Virginia Service Foundation supports the activities of the Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The purpose of the Virginia Service Foundation is to promote volunteer involvement, civic engagement, and citizen participation in the programs to serve the needs of the Commonwealth of Virginia and its communities.
Funds raised by the Foundation support the following programs:
- The Virginia Volunteerism Summit
- Governor’s Volunteerism and Service Awards
- The Robert E. Wone Award
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Mini Grants
- 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance Mini Grants
- Virginia State Service Plan
The Virginia Service Foundation was established in 2007 and continues to be an active fundraising organization.